Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Film Festival Coverage Coming to Laura's Miscellaneous Musings

It's been a wonderful few weeks for classic film fans in Los Angeles, with a variety of terrific big screen opportunities, most notably UCLA's Anthony Mann Festival, which continues through March 30th.

I've been fortunate to attend seven evenings in the series to date, and hope to be there again next Sunday for THE TALL TARGET (1951) and THE FAR COUNTRY (1954).

Looking beyond the Mann series, there's an amazing month ahead for classic film fans in Los Angeles, and I'll be providing extensive coverage here over the course of late March and early April.

Once again this year I have tickets to the opening night of the 16th Annual Noir City Film Festival this Friday at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, and I'll be attending screenings each weekend of the series.

Among the screenings I'll be attending are tributes to Joan Fontaine and Audrey Totter, an evening of "L.A. noir," and a screening of NIGHTFALL (1957), some of which is set right next door to the Egyptian Theatre.

The Noir City schedule posted here last month has been updated to include information about the final weekend's screenings, and it also includes information about the recently added tribute to Eleanor Parker. Click the image to the right to enlarge a poster of the schedule.

I'm especially delighted to announce that again this year I will be attending the TCM Classic Film Festival as a credentialed member of the media.

The TCM Festival opens on Thursday, April 10th, and runs through Sunday, April 13th. Screenings will again take place at several Hollywood Boulevard theatres, including the Egyptian, the Chinese, and the Chinese 6 Multiplex.

Last Friday I had the opportunity to attend the first day of the "TCM Movie Locations Tour" in Los Angeles, and I'll be sharing photos from that event in the near future. TCM is celebrating its 20th anniversary by providing the bus tour free of charge through April 14th.

As I wrote last year, the TCM Classic Film Festival was one of the very happiest movie experiences of my life, and I'm looking forward to sharing all the 2014 TCM Festival excitement and news with my readers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Looking forward to your impressions of all these great events.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older