Friday, May 23, 2014

Today at Disney California Adventure: Rock Your Disney Side 24-Hour Party

For the second year in a row the Disneyland Resort kicked off the start of the summer season with a 24-hour party, and for the first time I was there for part of it!


My husband and I had the day off and visited both parks in Anaheim, where we had a thoroughly good time spending a few hours taking in all the special festivities. Spirits seemed especially high at both parks today, and it all made for a wonderful start to our long weekend.

We passed by this sand sculture of Olaf from FROZEN (2013) on the Esplanade...


...and then made our way into Disney California Adventure:


Pins celebrating the upcoming release of MALEFICENT (2014) were given to all guests as they made their way into the parks:


I especially liked the Special Edition published of the Buena Vista Bugle.


The red, white, and blue summer bunting has returned to the parks and typically remains through Labor Day:


I can never get enough of the beautiful Red Car Trolleys on Buena Vista Street!


Home of the Buena Vista Bugle:


My husband and I split this BBQ pulled pork hot dog at Award Wieners to try it out, and I have to say it was really good. It was one of the special menu items offered just for the party. The oversized mug will be great filled with ice water this summer!


I couldn't resist a new t-shirt with this logo, as I love everything about Buena Vista Street.


Here's some of the fantastic books for sale at Off the Page, including POSTER ART OF THE DISNEY PARKS by Danny Handke and Vanessa Hunt, and the just-released update of John Canemaker's THE ART AND FLAIR OF MARY BLAIR.


I just got Canemaker's brand-new MAGIC COLOR FLAIR: THE WORLD OF MARY BLAIR yesterday, and it's a beauty!

I'll have photos from the party at Disneyland in a separate post.

Wishing all my readers a most enjoyable long holiday weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older