Thursday, March 02, 2023

Latest Article in The Dark Pages

I'm happy to announce I have a review appearing in the new January/February 2023 edition of The Dark Pages.

My piece, adapted from a review which appeared here many years ago, is on THE TWO MRS. CARROLLS (1947).

THE TWO MRS. CARROLLS stars Humphrey Bogart, Barbara Stanwyck, and Alexis Smith, with child actress Ann Carter as Bogart's daughter. It was directed by Peter Godfrey.

It's a movie which doesn't have a particularly good reputation, yet as I describe in my article, I found it a great deal of fun.

Other articles in this issue include "The Low-Budget Noir Films of Angela Lansbury" by Patricia Schneider, Gill Jacob on "A Walk on the Neo-Noir Side," and editor Karen Burroughs Hannsberry on her TCM Pick of the Month, THE STRANGER (1946).

The Dark Pages is a "hard copy" newsletter which can be subscribed to here.

Back issues are also available, including for issues I've written for in the past (descriptions linked below).

Previous Dark Pages posts: January 2011, December 2011, January 2013, June 2013, and December 2022.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older