Monday, May 18, 2009

Home Again, Home Again

Greetings! We are home from a wonderful trip to London and Disneyland Paris.


We walked miles every day and managed to do a great deal in a relatively short time frame; although I was sad to say goodbye to London, we needed to come home to rest up from our vacation!

I have much to share with fellow Anglophiles and Disney fans in the coming days or perhaps weeks: sights seen, books purchased, impressions of Disneyland Paris, and even a movie review -- THE YOUNG VICTORIA (2009) jumped onto my list of favorite films.

For the short term, it's time for unpacking, touching base with clients, sorting mail, and more, including California's Special Election on Tuesday. (Incidentally, Britain has a fascinating political scandal unfolding over MPs receiving taxpayer reimbursements for bogus claims for their "second homes.") Best of all, our daughter follows us home this week, after an amazing London semester.

Thanks to all for your kind wishes for our trip!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Welcome back. Glad you had a great time.

4:40 AM  
Blogger NoirGirl said...

Welcome back Laura! I've missed you! I can't wait to hear all about your trip. I hope you've got some inside dope on the MP scandal. I've been following that, too.

I gave you an award over at my blog. :)

5:54 AM  
Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

Welcome back. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

6:45 AM  
Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

Glad to see you back safe and sound and that you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing those pictures!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Welcome Home!

3:45 PM  
Blogger jau said...

Welcome back!! You were missed but I'm so glad you got to be in the UK. I can't wait to hear all about everything!!!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Oh good, your back. Can hardly wait to hear about Disneyland Paris. And remind me again ... are we getting Young Victoria here in the colonies?

9:23 PM  
Blogger Ms.Daisy said...

Welcome home - so glad you had a great trip. Will be visiting again to see pictures and hear of your adventures.


~Jean

9:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

What a heartwarming welcome! Thank you all so much. :) I hope you will enjoy my upcoming "travelogue" posts. I know some of you love Britain and others hope to visit yourselves one day!

Irene, there is not yet a release date for YOUNG VICTORIA in the U.S. If it comes out on Region 2 DVD before it's released in the U.S., I will be seriously contemplating getting an all-region DVD player. They are now quite inexpensive and I could also get the POLDARK series and a special edition of SLEEPING BEAUTY that has not had a U.S. release.

Thank you for the award, Casey, I appreciate the compliment enormously.

Best wishes,
Laura

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older