Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Even More Great New Warner Archive Titles

I've seen and enjoyed all these films -- several star one of my favorites, Robert Taylor.

This is not a complete list. Unfortunately, so far the Archive website is making it something of a detective job to track down every new title, and I'm too busy packing this week for our upcoming vacation to spend the time figuring it all out. This thread at the TCM message boards provides some additional information.

If I have reviewed the film here, the link is provided with the title:

FOUR DAUGHTERS

PARTY GIRL

JOHNNY EAGER

ALL THE BROTHERS WERE VALIANT

ABOVE AND BEYOND

PRIDE OF THE MARINES

PRINCESS O'ROURKE

Maybe this bodes well for the DVD release soon of WESTWARD THE WOMEN, another favorite film starring Robert Taylor.

Previously: More Warner Archive Titles.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

So I skated on over to the WA upon seeing some of the John Garfield titles you mentioned. TCM is running Pride of the Marines (1945) this month, and I plan to tape that...but the Archive also had Castle on the Hudson (1940)-- a remake of the Spencer Tracy-Bette Davis vehicle (and their only teaming) 20,000 Years in Sing Sing (1933). Since I also added The Trail of '98 (1928) and Lost Boundaries (1949) to my cart, I think it's safe to say that I'll be avoiding the Archive for a month or two.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the info on more of your finds, Ivan!

As they keep adding wonderful titles, it will be interesting to see if the pricing comes down to earth and whether WB will be happy to have higher sales volume instead of a high price for each "plain vanilla" DVD. There are sure lots of titles many of us would like to own.

Best wishes,
Laura

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older