Thursday, July 16, 2009

Disneyland Paris: Adventureland

As we near the conclusion of our photo tour of Disneyland Paris, today we visit Adventureland!

Adventureland was one of my favorite things about Disneyland Paris. It has wonderful theming.

Here's the Paris version of Pirates of the Caribbean:


I love the ride's setting:


The story in the Paris version flips the order of some of the scenes, with the "skeleton" pirates coming at the very end -- which, if you think about it, makes more sense.

The Blue Lagoon restaurant next to Pirates of the Caribbean calls to mind Anaheim's Blue Bayou:


Here's Captain Hook's Pirate Ship:


Adventure Isle has a suspension bridge similar to the bridge on Anaheim's Tom Sawyer Island:


One of my favorite things in Adventureland was Le Passage Enchante d' Aladdin, a walk-through reminiscent of Anaheim's Sleeping Beauty Castle:


I loved the details in Adventureland. This bench was tucked in a corner:


A beautiful sign:


There's a Hakuna Matata restaurant...


...and another restaurant with a great JUNGLE BOOK theme:


The restaurant has a real "jungle" theme inside; click to enlarge for a better view:


Like Orlando, Disneyland Paris is fortunate to have La Cabane des Robinson -- The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.


I keep hoping Disneyland in Anaheim will change the uninteresting Tarzan's Treehouse back to the delightfully detailed Swiss Family Treehouse.



The most noteworthy ride in Adventureland, other than Pirates, is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril, a fun coaster:


This ride has a very interesting history; for a few years it ran backwards! A video can be seen here.


A Travel Channel show I saw on Disneyland Paris indicated that reducing G forces was an issue when the ride was run in reverse. It ran backwards for four and a half years, and returned to running as a forward-facing coaster in 2004.

Adventureland also includes Pirate's Beach.

Previously: Eurostar to Disneyland Paris: The Only Way to Travel!; Disneyland Paris: Walt Disney Studios Park; Disneyland Paris Resort: Sequoia Lodge; Disneyland Paris: The. Best. Castle. Ever; Disneyland Paris: The Resorts; Disneyland Paris: The Molly Brown; Disneyland Paris: Fantasyland; Disneyland Paris: Discoveryland; Disneyland Paris: Frontierland.

Coming soon: More on Disneyland Paris (Main Street USA); books on Disneyland Paris.

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Interesting about the Indiana Jones ride being a roller coaster over there. I have a hard enough time going forwards, let alone backwards! I have to hand it to the person who taped it - wow.

I too miss Swiss Family Robinson Tree house out here. When we went back to WDW I video taped the part of the tree where the pump organ plays as I miss that little tune :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Isn't it interesting that Indy is a little different park to park? Temple of Doom here, a show in Florida, and a coaster in Paris!

I suspect a lot of people must have had trouble with the backwards coaster or they wouldn't have turned it back around. (Grin) Not being able to see where you're going on a coaster -- eeek! (Although I have to say the backwards portion of Expedition Everest at WDW works very well. But for a whole ride? I don't think so...)

I completely agree about that organ music. The music, the rooms, and water wheel, etc., are all so charming in the Swiss Family Treehouse. That attraction is a great representation of "Disneyland" to me, and I keep hoping it will come back. (Disney most often improves things when they make changes, but I have always felt the Tarzan Treehouse was a big mistake.) On one of our FL trips I photographed every room in their Treehouse! :)

Best wishes,
Laura

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older