Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New Book: Empire of Dreams: The Epic Life of Cecil B. DeMille

Scott Eyman, one of the finest biographers of legendary Hollywood filmmakers, has a new book due out on September 7th: EMPIRE OF DREAMS: THE EPIC LIFE OF CECIL B. DEMILLE.

The book was reviewed today by Tim Rutten in the Los Angeles Times.

I have several of Eyman's books, including PRINT THE LEGEND: THE LIFE AND TIMES OF JOHN FORD, LION OF HOLLYWOOD: THE LIFE AND LEGEND OF LOUIS B. MAYER, and ERNST LUBITSCH: LAUGHTER IN PARADISE.

Based on the quality of his previous work, I have every expectation that Mr. Eyman's new book on DeMille will be very much worth reading.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew Coniam said...

I shall have to get this - still waiting for the definitive biography of my favourite film director.
Robert Birchard's CBdM's Hollywood is a brilliant account of his career, but doesn't go into the life. Simon Louvish's biography a couple of years back was pretty terrible. The rest vary but none is substantial.
Could this be the one? Thanks for alerting me!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the recommendation of CECIL B. DEMILLE'S HOLLYWOOD, Matthew, I've bookmarked that as well. I hope Eyman's book will be the one you're waiting for!

Best wishes,
Laura

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older