Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Happy Birthday, Disneyland!

64 years ago today, on July 17, 1955, magic happened: Disneyland opened!


As I wrote here a couple of years ago: "I'm fortunate to have spent my entire life living close enough to Disneyland to tell time by the sound of the fireworks each evening. Most importantly, I have Walt Disney and Disneyland to thank for my husband and family, as my husband and I met while working there during our college years."


A favorite shot from a visit last month:


Happy Birthday to the Happiest Place on Earth!

Previous Disneyland Birthday Posts: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015 (and more here), 2016, 2017, and 2018.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seth said...

I've decided to make that one-day visit on August 9 (with a trip to the Huell Howser Archives at Chapman U after I arrive the day before), so if you and Doug are free sometime that day, and your passes aren't blocked, and you'd would like me to treat you to another round of ice cream....

7:38 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Seth! That's great about your trip!

Thanks so much for the invitation. Husband's pass will be blocked unless Disney decides to lift the blocks early due to the low crowds, and I have a possible conflict that day, won't know until closer in time. If free would be great to see you!

How fantastic to visit the Howser Archives!!!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older