Sunday, July 08, 2007

Steyn Connects the Dots

The lack of citizens interested in serving as doctors in England's socialized medicine system has left Britain dependent on importing doctors from other countries. Foreign doctors come to Britain straight out of medical school, without work visas and background checks.

This made it very simple for the terrorist doctors who attempted to bomb London and Glasgow to enter the country.

Steyn: "Does government health care inevitably lead to homicidal doctors who can't wait to leap into a flaming SUV and drive it through the check-in counter? No. But government health care does lead to a dependence on medical staff imported from other countries... A dependence on mass immigration is always a structural weakness and should be understood as such."

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Congrats, Laura! You've won the Blogger Reflection Award.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I am greatly touched by this -- thank you so much! I have posted a longer comment at your site. :)

Thank you,
Laura

12:49 PM  
Blogger UGN said...

Drat! I was going to blog on that, but I couldn't find any sources to back up my hunch that government healthcare contributes to doctor shortages.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I saw a speaker on Fox News Channel discussing this last week as well, but I can't think of his name -- I think he was from National Review but it wasn't a name I recognized.

Best wishes,
Laura

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older