Wednesday, October 03, 2007

You've Got To Be Kidding

A judge -- in San Francisco, of course -- has okayed a class action lawsuit against Target by blind shoppers who charge that Target's online website isn't accessible to the blind.

The plaintiffs are trying to force Target to use a programming code that "vocalizes content."

If they succeed, look for all other online retailers to be the victims of lawsuits galore.

More links are at Michelle Malkin's site.

Some days I think our nation is cracking up and can never be put back together...

1 Comments:

Blogger jau said...

I think you're right - we're cracking up. This reminds me of the other day in an elevator when a guy in a wheelchair ran over my toes and, as I was recovering from the pain, he scowled and scolded me for not getting out of his way. I must have missed the right-of-way rules on that one as well as the consequences of non-compliance. So I'd assume stores will become invisible to those of us who see unless they comply immediately.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older