Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Coming to DVD: Father Knows Best, My Three Sons

Two family TV classics are coming to DVD.

Season 1 of FATHER KNOWS BEST is being released on DVD on April 1, 2008.

The set will include plentiful extras such as Robert Young's home movies and interviews with the cast. They even found a missing episode which was in the hands of a private collector.

MY THREE SONS will be released on DVD on June 3, 2008.

No word yet on any extras for MY THREE SONS.

Those who like classic family TV may also want to know that Season 7 of THE WALTONS comes to DVD on April 29th.

Feb. 21st Update: Paramount has indefinitely postponed their release of MY THREE SONS. No reason given as yet.

July 8 Update: At present MY THREE SONS is due to be released on September 30, 2008. It will be released as Season 1, Volume 1. (The trend to split up single seasons into multiple volumes is an annoyance...)

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

Fun! I loved My Three Sons as a little girl. I will definately have to add that one to my collections. Of course, we always watched The Waltons as well. I'm quite sure that I've seen every episode. Those would make great gifts for my sisters. Thanks for the info!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Like you, I've seen every episode of THE WALTONS. :) It's my all-time favorite show, along with MAVERICK. The DVDs are excellent quality although they are lacking in extras. My 12-year-old daughter in particular races through those sets as I buy them. It's wonderful to see her enjoying the show at roughly the same age I was when I first watched it in the '70s.

Somehow I missed out on MY THREE SONS growing up. I plan to add it to my Netflix queue and give it a try.

Best wishes,
Laura

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older