Sunday, February 17, 2008

Walt Disney World: Disney's Hollywood Studios

Some photos to share from my recent trip to Disney World...

Until recently, Disney's Hollywood Studios was Disney-MGM, or just "MGM" to WDW fans. One of the things I like best about the park is its recreation of some of L.A.'s great Art Deco buildings, such as this:


and this:


For more on the original buildings, see my post on the book LOS ANGELES ART DECO.

The Carthay Circle pays tribute to the theater where SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN DWARVES premiered:


It's rumored that the changes at Disney's California Adventure will include the addition of a replica of the Carthay Circle.

Disney's Hollywood Studios has what many consider the best ride in any of the parks, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster:


I love it, although I admit that as we launched I wondered for a second why I was on it again -- it's intense!

The park also has a more elaborate Tower of Terror than Disney's California Adventure:


The Prime Time Cafe is a fun restaurant. Guests are seated in kitchens with '50s decor and TV's running black and white clips from old TV shows:


The pot roast is great!

I think this is my favorite of the Florida parks after the Magic Kingdom, simply because it's so visually appealing. It's very enjoyable simply walking around the park, and the attractions are a lot of fun too. Although I didn't visit it on this trip, our family had a good time on past trips at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater -- loved their Coca-Cola Ribs.

Previously: Walt Disney World: The Resorts; Walt Disney World: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa; Coming Soon.

Updated: Walt Disney World: Animal Kingdom; Walt Disney World: Epcot; Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Whiz Kid Forte said...

Great post! On your next trip, be sure to check out Toy Story Mania! I didn't go there due to the hokey lines - grrr...

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older