Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A Michelle Obama Roundup

There's not much to say that's not already been said about Michelle Obama's empty-headed and mean-spirited comment that "for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country."

When I heard Michelle's remarks, my first thought was that she must be one very depressed or negative woman if she's lived as long as she has without being "really proud" of her country.

I think Victor Davis Hanson (subject link) has one of the best responses.

John Podhoretz, Jonathan Last, and Michelle Malkin are also worth reading on this topic.

NewsBusters asked yesterday whether the media would ignore Mrs. Obama's comments.

The answer to that seems to be that the media mainly covered it simply to point out that Mrs. Obama is being picked on by Cindy McCain, who pointedly commented today "I'm very proud of my country."

Michelle Obama's comments, in and of themselves, don't seem to have come in for any analysis by the network newscasts.

Wednesday Update: Rather than seeing Mrs. Obama's comments as an attack on our country, ABC's Mark Halperin sees Cindy McCain's measured response as evidence of a "rough Republican attack machine."

There's media bias for you in one neat, tidy package.

1 Comments:

Blogger Historical Ken said...

hear!hear!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older