Saturday, April 05, 2008

A Sad Day...A Life to Celebrate

Just 10 days ago I posted the news that one of my favorite actors, Richard Widmark, had passed away.

Tonight comes the very sad news that a great actor and a remarkable human being, Charlton Heston, has passed away at the age of 84.

I deeply admired Mr. Heston, and I'm not ashamed to say that I shed a few tears when I first learned of his death. But what a wonderful life he lived, and how much he left us!

I will likely have more to say on this subject later, but for now, I'll simply leave you with the beautiful statement released tonight by Mr. Heston's family, which can be found at the subject link.

Update: Thoughts on Charlton Heston.

April 12 Update: Remembering Charlton Heston.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older