Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Best wishes to all for a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm hoping to celebrate by fitting Tyrone Power's THE LUCK OF THE IRISH (1948) into my schedule later today.

In the meanwhile, here are links about "Irish" movie viewing from St. Patrick's Day of 2007 and 2008: THE IRISH IN US (1935) and THREE CHEERS FOR THE IRISH (1940).

The latter film airs overnight tonight on Turner Classic Movies -- if you like Dennis Morgan, Priscilla Lane, and Irish-Scots blarney, set your recorder!

Update: Here is the post I wrote about THE QUIET MAN (1952) after seeing it on the big screen on the USC campus last fall.

2 Comments:

Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

I'm definitely taping Three Cheers for the Irish (1940) tonight. You sold me just with Dennis Morgan & Priscilla Lane.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hope you enjoy it, Raquelle - that smile of Morgan's gets a full workout in this movie. He is Adorable with a capital A. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older