Friday, March 13, 2009

New on DVD: Escape To Witch Mountain (1975) and Return From Witch Mountain (1978)

The original Disney films ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN and RETURN FROM WITCH MOUNTAIN were released this week to tie in with Disney's new RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN.

The films are Special Edition DVDs with commentaries, featurettes, and more. A DVD link for the first film is at the subject link, and the sequel is here.

Both films star Kim Richards and Ike Eisenmann as aliens. Richards, who was charming as little Prudence on NANNY AND THE PROFESSOR in the early '70s, is the aunt of Paris Hilton, whose mother is Kim's sister Kathy. Kim and Kathy's sister Kyle was also a child actress who appeared on LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE.

ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN costars Ray Milland and Eddie Albert, while the sequel also starred Bette Davis and Christopher Lee.

Ultimate Disney reviews the DVDs here and here.

I believe I saw the original film as a child but don't remember it well. My children have seen older DVD releases via Netflix. I hope to catch up with these new releases at some point, especially as Ray Milland is one of my favorite actors.

1 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I don't think I ever saw either of these movies. I was a young adult at this time and probably considered them just "kids movies". Now I would be interested in seeing them :)

I did not know that about Kim Richards and her sisters. Interesting.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older