Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Now Playing:The Show at Turner Classic Movies

Turner Classic Movies now has a short monthly special showcasing the month's highlights.

The show is meant to be a video companion to TCM's magazine guide Now Playing.

The initial episode of NOW PLAYING: THE SHOW is for March 2009. It is apparently airing at random times on TCM; it can also be seen online.

If the link (click title of this post) doesn't take you directly to NOW PLAYING: THE SHOW, click on "New" at the top of the bottom right menu and look for the title Now Playing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

YAY! I'm always coming to you with Classic Film news, b/c you are always in the know...

4:57 AM  
Blogger NoirGirl said...

I like the show quite a lot. It's a great idea. The only part that I dislike is how much on screen time they gave to Ben Mankiewicz. I really don't like him at all. He always seems to find some way to insult the films he introduces. He doesn't have the proper respect for them, if you ask me.

7:17 AM  
Blogger Raquel Stecher said...

I have to agree with Casey. Ben Mankiewicz is not likable.

I think he only has the job because he comes from Hollywood royalty. I understand that he mostly deals with sleazy gossip outside of TCM. :-)

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older