Monday, June 22, 2009

New Trailer: Fame (2009)

Here is a much-better-than-average trailer for a movie that was completely off my radar screen until I saw the trailers today: FAME, a remake of the 1980 movie about the New York City Academy of Performing Arts.

I've always been partial to the theme from FAME and got a real charge out of seeing favorites like Bebe Neuwirth and Kelsey Grammer -- Lilith and Frasier! -- pop up as teachers while the song is playing in this trailer. I love Neuwirth's casting as a dance teacher.

Here is a different "teaser" trailer.

The original movie was rated R -- although by today's diminished standards I wonder if it would be PG-13. I hope this new version is family friendly enough to appeal to the HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL crowd. It looks like the film has real possibilities.

The original film spawned a TV version which ran for several years. With Neuwirth and Grammer in the cast of the remake, I couldn't help wondering if a second TV series could be in the future as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older