Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm Going to the D23 Expo!

It's been a challenge fitting it into our schedule -- among other things, the AYSO soccer season starts this weekend -- but I'm going to be able to visit the D23 Expo tomorrow!

I'm especially looking forward to seeing the Disney Archives exhibit, which includes the jeweled book from the opening credits of SLEEPING BEAUTY. Some photos from the exhibit can be found at MiceChat.

The New York Times ran a great article on the Archives exhibit -- thanks to Moira for passing it on.

Publications writing about the Expo this week have included USA Today and the L.A. Times. The Times also ran a report on Day 1 yesterday.

The Times has a blog following developments, as does the Register.

Today Johnny Depp -- in full Captain Jack Sparrow regalia -- surprised the crowd as part of the announcement of the new PIRATES movie due in 2011.

There are restrictions on photography during the Expo but I hope to share some photos later in the weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

I'm so happy you can go. One of my Disney/Billy Hill fan friends is going tomorrow as is my brother. I so wish I could go but my back went out on me this week and it's just now getting better. All that walking and standing would probably set me back. I'm living vicariously through reports like yours and on FaceBook and MiceChat and others.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Feel better soon, Irene! Sure wish you were able to go. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

7:00 AM  
Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

Woot! Sounds awesome! I look forward to pix!

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older