Friday, October 30, 2009

Dinner and a Movie...Or Two

Tonight we enjoyed a wonderful Friday evening out in Los Angeles!

We started with dinner at my favorite restaurant, El Cholo.


El Cholo might just be the most beloved restaurant in the city.

There was a plaque on the wall indicating that the film TWO-LANE BLACKTOP (1971) was written at our table. I'd never heard of it, but that was a fun bit of trivia.

From there it was on to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art on Wilshire Boulevard:


We were there for the current Audrey Hepburn series.

Prior to the movie, we browsed the museum bookstore. This great book caught my eye...it's actually come up in the past in my Amazon recommendations.


We saw a wonderful double bill with two classics, SABRINA (1954) and LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON (1957). The good-sized crowd was very responsive, and it was a delight to share the enjoyment of such funny movies with an audience.

Update: I've now posted reviews of both SABRINA and LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Used to east at El Cholo when I lived in L.A. Your post brings back memories.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Glad I could help bring back those memories, it's my favorite restaurant and lots of great history there, too. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two Lane Blacktop is one of my favorite films. Warren Oates' performance is as good as film acting gets.

When I finally get to LA, I gotta eat at that table!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Toby, I'm really interested you like this movie so much! The plaque in El Cholo was the first I'd heard of the movie. I bet you could ask to be seated at that table when you finally get there! :)

Best wishes,
Laura

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older