Monday, March 01, 2010

Las Vegas: Bellagio Water Fountains and More

Here's a look at some of the colorful resorts on the Las Vegas Strip...

First, here's an entrance to the Luxor:


I'm told the elevators go up and down at an angle inside the Pyramid-shaped building, rather than straight up and down.

The Tropicana has a relatively low-key look, compared to the kitschy -- though fun -- Luxor:


Headliners Donny and Marie Osmond are advertised on the side of the Flamingo:


I was very sorry to learn later on that Marie's son died the night I snapped this photo.

Here's a wide view of Paris Las Vegas, with Bally's pictured at the left and Planet Hollywood on the right:


I previously posted a shot of the resort's Eiffel Tower.

The ceiling inside the Bellagio features a beautiful display of 2,000 hand-blown glass flowers.


One guidebook says this is the largest display of its type in the world.

The Bellagio is the elegant jewel of the Las Vegas Strip. The "lake" in front of the hotel features beautifully choreographed water fountain shows; a different song plays every 15 minutes during the evening hours. Shows play every half hour during the day.


Visit YouTube for a sample of one of the fountain shows we saw, set to "Time to Say Goodbye."

It's a magical experience seeing the fountains in person. It was a definite high point for us among all the sights we saw on Las Vegas Boulevard.


We also saw fountain shows set to "All That Jazz," Sinatra singing "Fly Me to the Moon," and a classical piece we haven't identified.


I'll be sharing a few more resort photos in a future post.

Previously: Weekend Fun: Road Trip!; Back From Las Vegas!; Las Vegas: M&M's and Coca-Cola Stores.

Updates: Las Vegas: Resorts and Roads; Las Vegas: More Resorts.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rick Moore said...

Nice shots! I did a whole page of just nighttime Vegas hotel shots a couple of years ago. There's so many cool things to see.

The classical piece you heard was probably Rhapsody on a Theme of Paginini. The whole Bellagio playlist is right here: http://bellagio.com/amenities/fountains-of-bellagio.aspx

8:19 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Marie's son died? Oh my. What was the cause? How sad.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

For some reason Rick's comment isn't showing up. Here it is:

"Nice shots! I did a whole page of just nighttime Vegas hotel shots a couple of years ago. There's so many cool things to see.

The classical piece you heard was probably Rhapsody on a Theme of Paginini. The whole Bellagio playlist is right here: http://bellagio.com/amenities/fountains-of-bellagio.aspx "

9:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Here is a story about Marie's son, Tom. Very sad stuff.

The Osmonds have cancelled their shows in Las Vegas for at least the next week.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:04 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Rick! I have enjoyed your past Vegas shots very much. Seeing and photographing the various sights was one of the things I enjoyed most about our trip, especially as it was all new to me.

I actually thought of your blog when we stopped at Bass Pro World on the way into town because I remembered photos you'd taken there. :)

I'm sure the music wasn't the Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, which I love in the film SOMEWHERE IN TIME. I was poking around YouTube to see if I can match up a title on the playlist (thanks!) with what we heard but so far I haven't figured it out.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:07 PM  
Blogger Nan ~ Playful Decor said...

Do you know of a dvd that plays classical music to water fountains? The Bellagio doesn't have a dvd available. Thanks! I stumbled on your blog from googling music set to water fountains. Nan

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older