Saturday, March 06, 2010

The Pioneer Woman's Homemade Salsa

A few weeks ago I came across a recipe for homemade non-chunky salsa at the Pioneer Woman's website.

It took me a couple of tries to find Rotel, but I located it thanks to a suggestion from another homeschooling mom. I also discovered you can buy cases of Rotel products at Amazon!

I made the salsa this evening and was very pleased with the results:


I think it may need just a bit more of a "kick" to it, as we like our salsa on the spicy side, but I haven't yet decided which ingredient to add a bit more of next time.

I used half a cup of cilantro but think I will take the Pioneer Woman's advice and add more next time. It really does add a lot of flavor.

The Pioneer Woman website's step-by-step photos of ingredients and preparation make this super-simple even for a novice cook.

Now it's time for chips, salsa, and a movie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older