Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rockford Files Remake Pilot Bombs?

The Dermot Mulroney pilot for a remake of James Garner's classic THE ROCKFORD FILES has laid an egg, according to multiple sources.

A future ROCKFORD series is now in doubt.

I've said all along this was an awful idea, and I admit to having grinned when I read of the dissatisfaction with the pilot in general and Mulroney in particular.

I repeat, there is one and only one Jim Rockford...and it's not Dermot Mulroney. Or anyone else, for that matter...

5 Comments:

Blogger la peregrina said...

I'm with you, my first reaction was, "Awww.....good! :)

3:32 PM  
Blogger monty said...

I wasn't feeling Mulroney either Laura. If they really were going to do the series right, I would have preferred Nathan Fillion from Castle because of his easy going demeanor. But like you said there is only one Rockford and that is James Garner.

3:52 PM  
Blogger mel said...

Agreed, Laura. For me, it's James Garner or no one.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Ivan G Shreve Jr said...

This is wrong, wrong, wrong...oh, so wrong. I haven't been this disappointed since they cast that anti-Semitic actor as the lead in the movie version of Maverick. And it's a shame that Garner isn't in better shape to run defense against s travesty like this.

I loved what was written under his picture at one of the outlets reporting this story: "Do not defile this man's legacy."

6:01 AM  
Blogger panavia999 said...

Rockford Files was pretty silly stuff, but it was James Garner's good humour that made it work. It's like remaking a Jack Carson movie. Can't be done because the original person is unique.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older