Sunday, June 13, 2010

In Disney News...

...The Los Angeles Times reviews the debut of the World of Color at Disney's California Adventure: "World of Color...not only lives up to the hype, it manages to tap into the company’s long but sometimes elusive tradition of true spectacle innovation...five years of planning for the 26-minute musical presentation were well spent...emotional, dreamy and somewhat bold..."

...More reviews are in from Sue Kruse at MiceAge and Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix of MousePlanet.

...Here's some video previewing the show at the resort website, and here's a TV spot on the Disney Parks blog. Our family will probably wait for some of the initial madness to settle down and see it later this summer...though we reserve the right to change our minds!

...Disney dropping the apostrophe and switching from Disney's to Disney on signs throughout their parks strikes me as ill-considered.

...Another poor decision: reserving this year's Halloween Time fireworks for those who pay extra for Mickey's Halloween Party.

...This is a fun story about an engaged couple who discovered they were both in a photo taken at Walt Disney World when they were preschoolers.

...Wade Sampson discusses the history of Disney's Destino, which is overdue for a Disney Treasures release.

...MousePlanet recapped last weekend's MouseAdventure. My family's team, Practically Perfect, placed 28th out of 79 teams competing in the "Day at the Park" event.

4 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

First of all congratulations on placing so well for your first time out!

I saw that story also about the couple who were in the same photo - pretty neat.

I am so upset about the Halloween fireworks this coming Fall - that was what kept me going so many times last Fall. I really hope someone reconsiders this. I understand they are getting a lot of flak for this decision. And what's to keep the show from being canceled "due to winds at higher elevations" at one of those paid nights. I would certainly be ticked off if that happened to me.

I am also waiting to see WOC but like you reserve the right to change my mind :))

8:18 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for the congrats, Irene!

I hope they make a different decision about the fireworks. Maybe Halloween Time has become too successful for them to manage and this is a way to cut back, but it really doesn't seem cool to charge a lot extra to attend the fireworks -- especially, as you say, if they are "winded" out.

I'll be anxous to hear what you think of WOC when you see it!

Best wishes,
Laura

8:58 PM  
Blogger la peregrina said...

"The world is a carousel of color,
(color, color, color)
Wonderful, wonderful color
."

Sorry, that's what goes through my mind whenever I see the phrase "World of Color" too close to the word Disney.


Good job on the MouseAdventure. I bet it is a lot harder that people think.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, La Peregrina. The MouseAdventure was quite a challenge! We had a great time.

Best wishes,
Laura

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older