Friday, October 15, 2010

Today at Disneyland: Halloween Time

Late this afternoon we headed out to spend a couple hours at Disneyland, where we ate dinner and enjoyed walking around taking in the Halloween Time decorations.

Fall flowers at Town Square:


Thunder Ranch was decked out in fall finery:




There were some unique pumpkin carvings on display at the ranch this year:


Before heading home, we made a stop at Disney's California Adventure to take in ElecTRONica. I was unimpressed. Whereas we were charmed by the energetic Bollywood-style dancers and the neon colors of last summer's Glow Fest, the ElecTRONica show was simply stupid, and the dance area, with its dark colors and incessantly pounding "music," was lacking Glow Fest's contagious joy and good vibes. Glow Fest felt very family friendly, with lots of small children dancing in the street, but the ElecTRONica vibe was much different.

It was fun to spend a few minutes checking out the vintage arcade games collected for Flynn's, but that's about all I can say for ElecTRONica. Mark this one down as a "miss" for the Disney Parks entertainment division.

We'll be back at Disneyland on Sunday to celebrate my oldest daughter's birthday by participating in MouseAdventure Trick or Treat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Hey - my brother and I were there yesterday also!!! Whereas I stayed for the Halloween Party in Disneyland, Bruce went over to Electronica. He liked the opening for it out in the Sun Plaza and also the preview in the Muppet Theater (he really wants to see the movie now) and Lazer Man. But all the rest of it, he agrees with you - it doesn't have the joyfulness that GlowFest had. He does not plan to go back again. I had fun at Halloween Time. I hope to put my photos up on Facebook sometime today.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Irene! What fun you were there too. A couple members of the family saw the Lazer Man when I was elsewhere -- that seems to be the most popular aspect to ElecTRONica. I was interested to hear your brother's take on it.

I'd love to hear more about the Halloween Party and whether we should consider doing it next year. (The price for the whole family is a little steep!)

Best wishes,
Laura

12:54 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Yes, it was expensive and frankly I was so mad at Disney for keeping the fireworks to just the extra paying guests instead of every night like they did last year - I was going to boycott it! But, well - my friends were going and posting photos and saying how fun it was, so I broke down LOL. I did really enjoy it and got to see my beloved fireworks. Was it worth $54? I'm still pondering that :) But it was fun and now I know what it's all about.

Looking forward to hearing about your Mouse Adventure today.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older