Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Avatar Coming to Disney World

It's not been a good week for a couple of companies I especially appreciate.

First Netflix loses its mind, apparently determined to drive itself out of business.

Then today comes word that Disney has made a deal with James Cameron and will be putting an AVATAR land in Disney's Animal Kingdom. It's not expected to open for another half a decade.

The announcement said the AVATAR land would be coming to parks, plural. I simply hope it's not coming to California.

I've avoided AVATAR like the plague. Among other things, unlike many people, I find it very visually unappealing. Quite the opposite.

I was also unhappy with the violence when I had to sit through an extended AVATAR clip at a concert at the Hollywood Bowl last year. Not exactly family friendly.

The idea of the eyesore that is AVATAR invading one of my beloved Disney parks does not make me happy, to say the least.

All I need to make the week complete would be confirmation of the rumor that Marvel Comics will be invading Tomorrowland...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ms.Daisy said...

Laura,
I, too, have avoided AVATAR...the unappealing blue people, the story line and the violence. Just not somthing I wanted to see and I certainly wouldn't want to see it at Disney.


~Jean

8:56 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

Same here. First Marvel and now this! Plus the changes they are making over at Carnation Plaza don't thrill me either.

11:01 PM  
Blogger Caftan Woman said...

I don't get the whole love of "Avatar". I saw the trailer once and anything more would be overkill.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older