Monday, August 16, 2021

Photos From the Road: Las Vegas and More

It's time for a final roundup of photos from our May road trip!

When we left Zion National Park I was amused when my husband told me we'd be making a quick stop in Hurricane, Utah, to visit a "YouTuber" he enjoys watching.


As the name indicates, Matt's Off-Road Recovery does off-road towing, recoveries, and rescues, and the company has created a popular YouTube series documenting their work, with nearly 700,000 subscribers.

My husband enjoyed the chance to see where the show is based.


When we arrived in Las Vegas we paid brief visits to two cemeteries and then made another stop requested by my husband. Count's Kustoms is a cable TV series all about, you guessed it, custom cars.


It was fun for my husband to see some neat cars and meet a couple of the people who appear on the program.




We then made a stop at the In-N-Out Burger near the Vegas Strip, which has the largest sign of any In-N-Out I've ever seen...


...plus a company souvenir store!


On to the Las Vegas Strip! It had been 11 years since our last visit.


The Strip is a lot of fun to take in visually, and we managed to walk nearly 5 miles sightseeing and shopping the evening we were there.


That said, on my rare visits I've thought that movies set in "glamorous" Vegas don't capture the way the entire Strip absolutely reeks of smoke and alcohol. It's fun to see it once every decade or so -- I particularly enjoy shopping at places like M&M's World and the Coca-Cola Store -- but it's not really our kind of place.


We had hoped to see the famous Bellagio water fountain show that evening, but it was called off due to high winds.


The view of the lobby in our Embassy Suites hotel near the University of Nevada at Las Vegas. We also stayed here in 2010. It's a nice, quiet hotel away from the Strip.


The Blueberry Hill Family Restaurant was recommended to us for breakfast, and we enjoyed it.  I later found one of these mugs on eBay and got it as a souvenir of our trip.  

We had a really wonderful week, and I'm so glad we were able to make the trip!

Coming soon: A July visit to the Sea Lion Caves in Florence, Oregon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Vienna said...

Great photos. By coincidence I’ve just been watching on You Tube a trip down the Las Vegas strip by a great video blogger called Action Kid who is from New York. It was great to see all the detail of the New York New York complex including the Statue of Liberty.
Action Kid also trekked up to the Hollywood sign in L.A. His commentaries are always good.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Vienna, I appreciate it!

I'm not familiar with Action Kid, I'll check it out. It's fun that you mention a "YouTuber" since we visited one! LOL.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older