Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Game Review: TCM Ultimate Movie Trivia Challenge

Turner Classic Movies and Running Press have just released a fun new game, the TCM Ultimate Movie Trivia Challenge.

The set is subtitled 400+ Questions to Test Your Knowledge. The questions are printed on 100 sturdy cards about the size of playing cards.

The cards come in an attractive, compact cardboard box which closes magnetically. It's the perfect size to toss in a tote bag to enjoy with friends while standing in line for the TCM Classic Film Festival!

The questions created by Frank Miller fall into eight categories:

*The Great Films

*Leading Ladies

*Leading Men

*Directors

*Cult Classics

*Supporting Players

*Behind the Scenes

*Unforgettable Lines

The cards have the category printed on one side, with four questions on the reverse. The game is meant to be played with multiple people rather than solo, as the answers are provided immediately underneath each question. It can be played in a formal way, keeping score for a set number of rounds, or simply enjoyed quizzing family and friends.

The questions are a balanced mix focused on both classic-era films and newer titles. I appreciated that Miller worked hard to go beyond obvious questions which would be super-easy for film fans.

I found that I knew a good number of answers but was also mystified by some, particularly for what I consider "newer" films which are further "outside my wheelhouse."

And while I did fine with "The Great Films," "Cult Classics" repeatedly stumped me. From that standpoint I appreciated that I learned some new-to-me movie trivia and facts along with showing off my knowledge!

This is a fun set which I'll be bringing along on our next road trip to help pass driving time, and I think my fellow film fans will find it both entertaining and educational.

Thanks to TCM and Running Press for providing a review copy of this trivia set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older