Monday, October 10, 2022

Back From Lone Pine!

I'm back from a wonderful few days at the 32nd Lone Pine Film Festival!


It was an absolutely amazing time which included movies, location tours, an impromptu book signing, the parade, and more...I even splurged this year on purchasing a photo which Bruce Boxleitner autographed for me.



We heard introductions and interviews with some wonderful people including Claude Jarman Jr., William Wellman Jr., Tony Cameron, Patrick Wayne, and Chris Mitchum.


I have quite a list of festival topics and photos I hope to share here in the near future! For the moment I'll simply say that there is nothing better than being in the Alabama Hills with fellow Western fans who share your enjoyment of walking in the footsteps of our Western movie heroes.

The overhang in the above photo is known as Gary Cooper Rock, and below is a shot from the fascinating YELLOW SKY locations tour.



This is a very special festival, and I hope anyone who's been thinking of coming will consider being there in 2023!

Update: The 32nd Lone Pine Film Festival.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And everyone is so friendly. Good time!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yes!! Glad you had fun. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older