Thursday, December 11, 2008

Larry Elder Leaving KABC Radio

My husband just heard surprising news on the radio: tomorrow will be Larry Elder's last day broadcasting on KABC Talkradio.

"The Sage From South Central" has been a staple of L.A. afternoon drive time since the early '90s.

Gary Lycan of the Orange County Register suggests that the current economic climate meant that KABC could not afford to keep Elder on board.

This is sad news. I tended to flip back and forth between Elder and Hugh Hewitt when listening to the radio in the afternoon.

Larry Elder is also the author of some thought-provoking books, including THE 10 THINGS YOU CAN'T SAY IN AMERICA. His website is here.

We'll miss you, Larry!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ken said...

I am bummed. Larry Elder is such an excellent host. I hope he pops up somewhere on the radio or on TV again.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

he was the only one I could consistently count on when it comes to being informed on the issues. i will miss Larry tremendously

3:04 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

This is really disappointing. He saved the ride home for many a So. Cal driver. Always a gentleman and yet never gave up the fight for what he believed in. I'll miss him.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Don said...

This makes me quite sad. I really liked to listen to Larry.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older