Tuesday, May 05, 2009

New Book: Hungry Monkey

Another day, another new book on a food-related topic.

I first became aware of Matthew Amster-Burton's HUNGRY MONKEY: A FOOD-LOVING FATHER'S QUEST TO RAISE AN ADVENTUROUS EATER because I have been on a children's literature email list with the author's wife for many years. We don't really know each other, at least by more than name -- although a slight online acquaintanceship with one of her sisters goes all the way back to Prodigy of the early '90s -- but I was very interested to learn about Mr. Amster-Burton's book.

When I saw HUNGRY MONKEY on the shelves today at Barnes & Noble, I had to pick up a copy, despite the fact that I'm saving my pennies for our upcoming vacation. Maybe I could use just one more book for my upcoming reading time on planes and trains...

The author and his daughter Iris may be familiar to Food Network viewers due to a brief segment they appeared in some months back. Matthew Amster-Burton blogs at Roots and Grubs. You can read more about his book at his book site and in an article at Canadian Press.

Update: Just a note that I did read this book on our plane trip and found it very enjoyable.

2 Comments:

Blogger mamster said...

Hey, Laura, thanks for writing about my book. I hope you enjoy it.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You're very welcome! I looked it over and expect it will be a fun read. :)

Best wishes,
Laura

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older