Thursday, May 07, 2009

Off to London and Disneyland Paris!

We're off Friday on our trip to London, which includes a side trip via the Eurostar Channel train to see Disneyland Paris.

We hope to see some things in England for the first time ever -- Blenheim Palace is high on my wish list -- as well as revisit old favorites. I understand there have been many additions to the Cabinet War Rooms since our last visit.

Though we've visited numerous London museums, somehow we've never been to two of the most important, the British Museum and the National Gallery, so those are also in our plans.

On the day we visit Windsor, we have tickets to the Windsor Castle Royal Tattoo. Back in the '80s my husband's college marching band performed in the Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle for several weeks, so seeing the new Windsor Tattoo will be especially interesting for him.

Perhaps we'll even have the chance to catch a West End show...

Comments submitted after Friday morning, May 8th, will be queued awaiting moderation and will be posted upon our return home.

I'll resume blogging the week of the 18th, at which time I hope to share some of the photos from our trip.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jacqueline T. Lynch said...

Happy trip. Looking forward to reading your impressions.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Have a wonderful supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
time in London and Paris. So excited for you!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Have fun! As you know, I'm looking forward to the pictures!

Missy http://missyisms.typepad.com

8:38 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

Have a wonderful trip, Laura! We'll look forward to your return and great stories and photos.

10:25 AM  
Blogger jau said...

Sorry I missed this news - that'll teach me to be so busy and oblivious. I had a slew of things to recommend but I think you're going to them anyway!! The Tatoo and the National Gallery are front and center, and pretty much anything you see in the West End (or at the National on the South Bank) will be wonderful, I'm sure. I'm yearning for details as to where you're staying, everything you're seeing (your daughter chief among them!), etc., etc. Have a blast!!!!

Best -
Anne

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older