Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Christmas at Disneyland

The new MousePlanet update has some beautiful photos showing how Disneyland's "hidden" fine restaurant, Club 33, is decorated for Christmas.

Visiting Club 33 at Christmastime is my new Disneyland goal!

The update also includes some photos of the Candlelight Procession, which was narrated this year by one of my favorite actresses, Jane Seymour.

I was fortunate enough to perform in the Candlelight Procession all three years I was in high school. (Our high school only had grades 10-12, if you're wondering.) Two of the narrators were adequate but not especially thrilling for me -- Ross Martin (WILD WILD WEST) and Elliot Gould.

However, the other narrator more than made up for it -- Cary Grant! He stood just a few yards from me during the rehearsal. How amazing to hear him read the Christmas story. When we rehearsed the Hallelujah Chorus, he smiled right at me...

Needless to say, that experience is a memory I treasure.

7 Comments:

Blogger J.C. Loophole said...

Cary Grant?! Very cool! I feel cool just from knowing ya'! Seriously.

6:07 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

:) :)

Laura

6:49 PM  
Blogger Irene said...

What a special memory for you. Gary Grant, sigh.

I saw those photos of Club 33 decorated for Christmas. It looks so lovely.

I'm planning to swing by the park after work tomorrow to see the decorations, the castle show, the light show at Small World and the fireworks. I hope the wind doesn't come up :)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

We were possibly going to meet our homeschooling group in the park on Friday morning, but it's looking like heavy rain if the forecast holds...hope you have good weather and they have the fireworks! I haven't seen them yet this Christmas season.

Best wishes,
Laura

8:31 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Oh! That would have been soooo wonderful! He was always one of my favorite actors. Lucky you!
Terri

4:54 PM  
Blogger The Ramblin' Rat said...

We went Saturday night and it was phenomenal. We lucked out and got tickets so we got actual seats. The Hallelujah chorus gave me shivers.

Jane Seymour looked fabulous.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

How wonderful you were able to attend! Singing the Hallelujah Chorus was always my favorite part. It is a great thrill for a singer to be part of such a beautiful, exciting piece of music.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older