Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Coming to DVD: Up in the Air (2009)

DVD Times has the details on the DVD release for UP IN THE AIR (2009), which will be available for purchase on March 9, 2010.

Extras will including a commentary track by director Jason Reitman and other members of the production crew, as well as several deleted scenes with commentary.

Per the trend discussed here recently, the Blu-Ray release will have some additional extras, in this case more deleted scenes.

My December review is here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Interesting artwork on the DVD cover. With Clooney and Vera Farmiga.

I liked the original poster that showed the silhouettes of the three main stars in the airport terminal.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I thought that original poster was really nice too, Tom.

Best wishes,
Laura

8:29 PM  
Blogger Moira Finnie said...

Is it me, or are the release times of a theatrical film and that of DVDs of a picture becoming closer and closer? I have read that the future may bring simultaneous releases of both formats eventually. Still, I still think that there are many films that are best experienced in the theater.

That being said, I don't recall seeing this critically hailed film in any of my local multiplexes yet! I look forward to seeing it. Thanks for the heads up.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Moira,

It's definitely getting closer...the studios are experimenting to see if they can revive DVD sales by releasing the DVDs closer to the theatrical run, but on the flip side theaters aren't happy.

European theaters are particularly unhappy. Here is an article from the L.A. Times about the new trend.

I hope you'll find this film as interesting as I did.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older