Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Favorite Film Discoveries of 2020

My annual list of Favorite Film Discoveries was posted today at Rupert Pupkin Speaks!

The column shares a dozen of the films which made the biggest impressions on me from my 2020 viewing.  

An additional 12 titles of interest are listed at the very end of the post.

For additional information on any film on my list, simply input the title in the search box at the upper left-hand corner of Laura's Miscellaneous Musings to pull up the full review.

Thanks so much to Brian of Rupert Pupkin Speaks for inviting me to share another list as part of this annual tradition!

Previous Favorite Discoveries Lists: Favorite Film Discoveries of 2013Favorite Film Discoveries of 2014Favorite Film Discoveries of 2015Favorite Film Discoveries of 2016Favorite Film Discoveries of 2017Favorite Film Discoveries of 2018, and Favorite Film Discoveries of 2019.

Additional guest posts at Rupert Pupkin Speaks: Five Underrated Comedies, Five Underrated WesternsFive Underrated Mystery/Detective Films, Five Underrated Action/Adventure Films, Five Underrated Thrillers, Five Underrated Films of 1955, Five Underrated Films of 1945Five Underrated Films of 1956, and Five Underrated Films of 1947.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Enjoyed your list. Some of them I don't know but saw "The Man Who Never Was" years ago. I quite agree that the film is interesting with all the details they go through and then still are not convinced they can pull it off. I saw this before I knew much about Webb and this is one of his "softer" performances. Not as hard as other performances. Just what was called for. I like the Murphy films. They aren't always great but more often than not enjoyable. My favorite Murphy is "No Name On The Bullitt." I am off to check your old lists.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Caftan Woman said...

A lovely, eclectic list like the author.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

"No Name On The Bullet." Proofreading would be a good start to a comment.Sorry.

5:38 PM  
Blogger dfordoom said...

ALI BABA AND THE FORTY THIEVES and THE NIGHT MY NUMBER CAME UP are both terrific movies, especially the latter with its wonderful ambiguity. Does anything supernatural happen or not? Some good suspense as well.

SON OF ALI BABA is definitely getting added to my shopping list.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Chris, thank you so much for your comment, I'm glad to know you liked THE MAN WHO NEVER WAS. I share your admiration for NO NAME ON THE BULLET, it's a terrific film!

Caftan Woman, thank you so much. :) :)

DforDoom, thank you for adding your endorsement to ALI BABA AND THE FORTY THIEVES and THE NIGHT MY NUMBER CAME UP. I hope other people will try them out! Hope you enjoy SON OF ALI BABA as much as I did when you catch up with it.

Best wishes,
Laura

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older