I have a new Blu-ray review up at Classic Movie Hub!In this month's Western RoundUp column I've reviewed THE MAVERICK QUEEN (1956), starring Barbara Stanwyck, Barry Sullivan, and Scott Brady.
THE MAVERICK QUEEN has just been released on Blu-ray by Kino Lorber Studio Classics. This is particularly exciting given that, to my knowledge, the movie never came out on DVD in the United States, and prints I've come across in the past have been rather poor. Kino Lorber's new disc looks terrific.
I found this Republic Pictures film better than its reputation and really enjoyed it. I hope my fellow Western -- and Stanwyck! -- fans will support this Blu-ray, which will hopefully encourage future releases of additional lesser-known Westerns from Kino Lorber.
I found this Republic Pictures film better than its reputation and really enjoyed it. I hope my fellow Western -- and Stanwyck! -- fans will support this Blu-ray, which will hopefully encourage future releases of additional lesser-known Westerns from Kino Lorber.
Please click over to Classic Movie Hub for my review, and thanks for reading!
Post

Laura, good write-up of THE MAVERICK QUEEN(filmed 1955, released 1956) and I hope everyone reads it.
ReplyDeleteHi Laura, I thought I left a comment over on the Classic Movie Hub about it. Has it gone through?
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, Walter, I appreciate that very much!
ReplyDeleteMargot, thank you for your note! I just found your comment stranded in moderation over at Classic Movie Hub and it's now published! For some reason I didn't receive an email notification like I usually do. I appreciate your note. (I haven't seen CATTLE QUEEN OF MONTANA yet!)
Best wishes,
Laura
Laura, my comment that I sent days ago to CLASSIC MOVIE HUB, hasn't shown up yet.
ReplyDeleteBest,
Walter
Thank you, Walter! I went digging deeper into the moderation page over at Classic Movie Hub and not only found your comment but one from Jerry too! Apparently there's a glitch with the notifications. I'll let you AnnMarie, the site owner, know.
ReplyDeleteYour comments are now up and I will read them tomorrow!
Thank you so much.
Best wishes,
Laura