Saturday, July 17, 2021

Happy Birthday, Disneyland!

July 17, 2021, marks the 66th birthday of Disneyland.


Happily, unlike last year, the park is open on its birthday.


It's hard to believe I haven't been inside a Disney park, other than a brief Buena Vista Street shopping opportunity last Christmas, since March 5, 2020, when I spent the morning in Disney California Adventure.


I believe the last time I was in Disneyland was my first ride on Rise of the Resistance on February 2, 2020.  The parks closed in the middle of March 2020 and didn't reopen until the very end of April this year.


With annual passes currently cancelled and having to pay the full day rate for a visit, we've been waiting to return after things become a bit more normal at the parks, including the reopening of more rides and restaurants, not to mention parking lot tram service. I hope to visit Disneyland later this summer.


I'm quite delighted to have tickets to the Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween Party in Disney California Adventure in mid-September! We attended in 2019 and had a marvelous time.  


Being back in the parks this year will mean more than ever before. Until then, Happy Birthday, Disneyland!

Previous Disneyland Birthday Posts: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014, 2015 (and more here), 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seth said...

Well, to celebrate I think I'll pull out my Walt Disney Treasures set, but I haven't decided if I'll put on the opening day special, the Tencennial special, the 50th anniversary documentary, or maybe even the People and Places feature.

Hope to meet you and Doug on Main Street for ice cream again soon....

2:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Seth, we're hoping it won't be long before we have that reunion ice cream on Main Street USA!

Hope you enjoyed a Treasures documentary -- some great choices. I love "Miss Tencennial" Julie; she reminds me a bit of Charmian Carr from the same year's THE SOUND OF MUSIC (1965). One of my faves is DISNEYLAND AFTER DARK.

Best wishes,
Laura

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older