Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The World of Beverly Cleary

Beverly Cleary is one of my little boy's favorite authors. He is currently doing a book report on Cleary's RUNAWAY RALPH. While we were looking online for biographical info on Cleary he could include in his report, we discovered that she has a very nice website, The World of Beverly Cleary.

The website includes a "neighborhood map" of Klickitat Street, character profiles, a trivia quiz, and a reading guide for RAMONA.

I hope other Cleary fans will enjoy visiting her site as much as we did.

Previously: Beverly Cleary at 90, posted here on March 28, 2006.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michele B. said...

As usual we are on the same track. We just finished listening to the audio CDs of The Mouse and the Motorcycle, which DS loved. I didn't know there was another book in the series. Will have to get to the library to check out this one!

6:36 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

What fun! So glad to let you know about the next book.

Youngest son has loved Beverly Cleary since RIBSY which I think might have been his first chapter book. Have you read that one yet?

BTW, I just taped THE TROUBLE WITH ANGELS (on your favorite movies list!) for youngest daughter to see. :)

Laura

10:27 AM  
Blogger Michele B. said...

I did a search and found that there are two sequels to "Mouse." I have them reserved (on audio) at the library, and also ordered the books from Amazon (I had a gift certificate). DS loves to read books he has listened to.

Glad to hear your DD will get to experience The Trouble with Angels! My favorite line - "Madame I am not a child, I'm a midget with bad habits!"

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older