Wednesday, December 22, 2010

In Disney News...

...I'm looking forward to a new D23 event next month, a 50th anniversary screening of 101 DALMATIANS (1961). It's going to be held in the beautiful Studio Theatre on the Disney Studios Lot where we saw TANGLED (2010).

I first saw the film on its 1969 reissue, and my oldest daughter saw the 1991 reissue. I've recently become interested in the career of Rod Taylor (SUNDAY IN NEW YORK) so it will be fun to hear him voicing Pongo.

...The first trailer for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES (2011) came out a few days ago.

...The Disney Food Blog has a very nice photo essay on the handmade candy canes being made at Disneyland's Candy Palace.

...This Dateline Disneyland report of earlier this week features lots of photos of a rainy Disneyland!

...Progress City U.S.A. reviews the recently released WAKING SLEEPING BEAUTY (2009) on DVD.

...Storyboard, the official blog of the Walt Disney Family Museum, has a story on Disneyland's Holidayland.

2 Comments:

Blogger mel said...

Rod Taylor also had a very good role in "The Birds" (1963). I recommend you try to get hold of a copy to watch and would be interested in your opinion.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Mel! I do happen to have a copy here I borrowed from my father. I've been a bit leery of that one but I think maybe if I watch the "making of" documentary first I'll be braver (grin).

Thank you for the recommendation! I'd definitely like to see him in a Hitchcock film.

Best wishes,
Laura

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older