Friday, October 30, 2015

Today at Disneyland: Almost Halloween!

Thanks to attending two film festivals this month, there hasn't been much time to enjoy Disneyland in the last few weeks! We had a nice afternoon and evening in the park taking in the Halloween decorations...as Christmas begins to sneak into the park.

Some Halloween Time views on Main Street U.S.A. this evening:




Christmas decorating has begun in the further reaches of the park, with New Orleans Square looking ready for the festive season ahead:


They have to start early to get everything done, as it's a weeks-long process.


The Christmas season at the park begins two weeks from today, November 13th, and runs through Epiphany on January 6th.


The Mark Twain will be closing for an extended time period beginning on January 10th, along with everything else on the Rivers of America, so we took a ride tonight in case we don't have time in the next few weeks.

Louis Armstrong performed right here in the 1962 DISNEYLAND AFTER DARK special; you can currently see his section of the show on YouTube.


Views from the Mark Twain:



The wonderful PRINCESS AND THE FROG and TOY STORY windows at the Emporium on Main Street.


Two more windows are yet to be unveiled!


Happy Halloween from Disneyland!


Previous Halloween Time Posts and Photos: September 29, 2006, September 30, 2006, October 21, 2006, September 28, 2007, October 12, 2007, October 17, 2008, October 9, 2009, October 15, 2010, the 2011 Annual Passholder Private Party (October 17, 2011); October 21, 2012, September 13, 2013, October 18, 2013, September 12, 2014, and September 18, 2015.

3 Comments:

Blogger DKoren said...

I knew I should have texted you yesterday! My family was at Disneyland yesterday, and I just had a feeling you might be there. I was disappointed more people weren't dressed up.

Lovely pictures, as always!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Only about a weeks gap between Halloween ending and Christmas starting :) Unfortunately my brother has had medical problems and I've not been able to go for about three weeks now. I had wanted one last time of Halloween stuff, but I have my photos :) I am now trying to ride the Mark Twain everytime I go, and also go up to the Big Thunder Ranch area.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Deb, that's an amazing coincidence! I've been so busy this year I've been out there less than usual, but I hope we can still meet up out there sometime! So glad you enjoyed the photos. :)

Irene, I'm so sorry your brother has been unwell and hope he is doing better. Sending you both my best wishes! I'm looking forward to Christmas at the park, being there at that time of year really lifts the spirits.

Best wishes,
Laura

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older