Tuesday, October 18, 2022

TCM Announces 2023 Festival Dates and Theme

I'm happy to say that Turner Classic Movies announced the 2023 TCM Classic Film Festival today!

The 2023 festival will take place in Hollywood from Thursday, April 13th, through Sunday, April 16th, 2023.

The 2023 theme is "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet," in honor of the Warner Bros. centennial.

Given that 2023 is also Disney's centennial year, I'm hopeful more Disney films than usual might be shown at the festival. Seeing a Disney film at the El Capitan Theatre, as I've done at several festivals over the years, is always a particular treat.

Festival passes will go on sale in December, slightly later than usual. The pricing for early bird and regular passes is the same as it was for the 2022 festival. Please visit the festival website for complete pass descriptions and pricing.

I'm sure many of my readers will be wondering about COVID issues, and I'm glad to say the festival FAQ says "There are currently no plans to implement mandatory COVID-19 related health and safety protocols at the 2023 TCM Classic Film Festival." The FAQ does note that government protocols, if any, must be observed and the festival reserves the right to change their policies later.

I was relieved to read that information, as I found the indoor mask policy at the 2022 festival so challenging that I declined to attend two Los Angeles festivals later in 2022 which also required masks. I'm sure I'm not alone in very much looking forward to a normal festival and seeing everyone's smiling faces in festival theaters in 2023.

As always, potential attendees should monitor the official festival website and the TCM Twitter account for the latest info, and I'll follow my usual practice of sharing updates of all major announcements here as well.

Links to updates will also be added to the end of this post so that all 2023 TCMFF coverage may be easily found in one place.

I'm so very happy about this exciting news, and I look forward to seeing many of you in Hollywood next April!

Updates: 2023 TCM Classic Film Festival Announcements (November 11, 2022); Latest 2023 TCM Classic Film Festival Announcements (January 25, 2023); New TCM Classic Film Festival Announcements (February 16, 2023); Latest TCM Classic Film Festival Announcements (March 4, 2023); TCM Classic Film Festival Announces Opening Night Movie (March 15, 2023); The 2023 TCM Classic Film Festival Schedule (March 29, 2023).

An additional brief festival update regarding Russ Tamblyn attending the festival is included in my January 14th "Around the Blogosphere This Week" column.

Update: The 2023 TCM Classic Film Festival in Review.  Links to all coverage regarding attending the festival may be found at the bottom of this linked post.

2 Comments:

Blogger Seth said...

Last week I googled the film festival, wondering if I'd missed an announcement (even though I was pretty sure I hadn't, because I knew you would have posted about it) and happened onto a preview for the developer version of the 2023 TCMFF website with the dates, so I reserved a hotel room. And you're right--the first thing I did when I got the email announcement today was to look at the FAQ to see what it said about COVID. I'm still not 100% convinced that LA won't enact some ridiculous, arbitrary measures by then, but right now I am planning on attending.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Same, I saw the dates that leaked while I was in Lone Pine and I made a hotel reservation, figuring I could cancel if the dates were wrong. They were correct, yay!

The CA "State of Emergency" is supposed to end 4-1/2 months (!) from now. Assuming that happens, it may somewhat reduce the power of LA bureaucrats to issue fresh edicts. Hopefully by then we'll be able to truly put this nightmare behind us. Hope to see you in April!

Best wishes,
Laura

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older